To submit a return for processing, click the “Upload” button in the top-right of the page. You then have two options to upload your returns.
- Drag and drop the return(s) into the “Drag files here” box. You can drag multiple files at a time. We recommend that you submit less than 20 at a time for now.
- Click on the “Drag files here” box, which will open an Explorer window, allowing you to browse out to any returns you would like to submit.
- Once you have dragged the returns into the box, or located them in your Explorer window, you will see the “Upload Progress” bar move from yellow to green, which will indicate the file has successfully been uploaded.
- Depending on your tax printing software, you may need to enter the Client ID for the return before proceeding.
- You will not need to enter “Type” or “Tax Year” – SafeSend Returns will read that information directly from the return.
- Once a Partner has been selected, click “Submit” in the lower right.
- You will receive a confirmation email that the files were submitted, and then you will be taken back to the Assignments window.
- Select “All Assignments” where you will see the newly submitted returns listed at the top.
- The Status column may be listed as “UPLOADED”. This means that the assembly process is not yet complete
- After the SafeSend Returns processing is completed, the Status will change to “READY”.
- Please make sure that the Name, Type, and Tax Year columns have information in them. If they do not, this return may not be valid. Please contact our SafeSend Returns Support team for assistance.
- You will not be able to access these returns until the Status has changed to “Ready”/
Assigning the Return
- A return can be assigned with three methods:
- Recommended Method: Double click on the return itself and it will automatically be assigned to you and open.
- Check the box in the far left column (or multi-select) and click “Assign” in the top menu. This will bring up a list of all users to whom this return may be assigned.
- Select the “Actions” drop-down and choose “Process Return” – this will assign the return to you.
- Begin processing the return in one of two ways:
- Double-click the item on the Report.
- On the right-hand side of the screen, select the “Actions” drop-down and then select “Process Return”.
- Should you need to edit any of the client’s information, you can do that by clicking on “Actions” and selecting “Edit Client Info” from the drop-down.
- You will be able to edit any of the client information listed. Once completed, click “Save Changes”.
IMPORTANT: If you need further assistance Please Submit a Ticket