February 21, 2022 Product News for the SafeSend Suite
An update to SafeSend products was released. Look below for more information on the changes.
A new DROPPED status and indicator are now available in Organizer Reports. If an email notification cannot be delivered to all recipients, a DROPPED status will appear. If it can be delivered to one of the recipients, the normal status will be shown, but with a blue hyperlink. Clicking on the link will show a Delivery Status pop-up. A DROPPED status will be shown for the recipient who did not receive the email message.
A new message is shown to taxpayers if they try to preview a file, but a preview image is not supported. The message "Preview not supported. Downloading file..." will be shown, and the file will be downloaded for review.
- Fixed an issue where text in custom questions could be truncated.
- Fixed an issue where opening multiple organizers in the same browser would display the first organizer's taxpayer name on the landing page.
- Fixed an issue where some batch organizers would stay in the IN PROGRESS status and not move to READY.
- Fixed an issue where deleting some batch organizers showed a success message, but the batch was not deleted.
- Fixed an issue where a delivered organizer would show a status of DELIVERY FAILED.
- Fixed an issue where the signature status of some organizers in the exported Excel document did not match what was shown in the Organizer Report page.
- Fixed an issue where some organizers would not show the spouse's signature in a download package when clicking the Download All button.
- Fixed an issue where a default filter was getting cleared whenever a user refreshed the screen or logged out.
- Fixed an issue where a taxpayer was able to sign an engagement letter even though SafeSend Organizers reported a delivery failure.
- Fixed an issue where some taxpayers were receiving payment reminders for a due date other than what was listed on the return's vouchers.
- Fixed an issue where the second line of the firm address was not being displayed in the taxpayer landing page.
- Fixed an issue where some users could not log in after changing their usernames. Attempting to log in displayed the error message "Sequence contains no elements."
- Fixed an issue where some users received an error when trying to upload 1120-S returns printed from UltraTax CS.
- Fixed an issue where some users had trouble adding signature controls to additional e-sign documents. After placing the signature control on a later page, the user would be taken back to the first page.
- Fixed an issue where replacing a paper file return during processing would not show the new form in the taxpayer preview.
- Fixed an issue where some returns would display an error upon delivery when the user uploaded updated vouchers.
- Fixed miscellaneous user interface issues.
An improved signature control flow has been added to SafeSend Extensions. When a return is set to "Review Only" for delivery, it will automatically change to "E-Sign" if the user edits a form to include a signature control.
Note: This requires the "Allow user to place signature controls when applicable" setting to be enabled. If this setting is disabled, the user will see a grayed out option for "Does this form require taxpayer and/or spouse signatures?" and will be unable to add signature controls.
- Fixed an issue where some users could not download finished extension packages if they delivered them to their own email addresses.
- Fixed an issue where the initial email sent to the taxpayer had some formatting errors and an incorrect variable in the default message.
- Fixed an issue where some users could not update their company name and security questions.
- Fixed an issue where users could not delete contacts that had messages in their Inbox/Sent and Archive folders.
- Fixed an issue where deleting a client had any emails they sent show an incorrect sender name and email address.