March 11, 2022 Product News for the SafeSend Suite
An update to SafeSend products was released. See below for more information about the changes.
- Users can now download engagement letters and organizers when their status is changed to Manually Signed or Manually Completed via the global Change Status button.
- Fixed an issue where the date in Client Tracking could show a future date instead of the actual date.
- Fixed an issue where document cancellation emails were sent to individuals who did not receive the initial signing email (for example, CC'd users).
- Fixed an issue in Client Tracking where the "Document Mailed - Opened" event showed the sender's email instead of the recipient's.
- Fixed an issue where clicking on Set Access would show a blank screen. This occurred when the document had user access restrictions and one of the users was deleted.
A new mechanism now detects duplicate vouchers in an extension and prevents delivery to the client until one of the vouchers is removed. To learn more about this feature, please see the article Fixing a duplicate voucher conflict in the Help Center.
- Fixed an issue which could prevent taxpayers from downloading vouchers in delivered extension packages.
- Fixed an issue when the firm's signature controls were set to Review Only (without the apply signature control setting). Required signature pages were being highlighted in the user interface when processing the extension.
- Fixed an issue when the firm's signature controls were set to Review Only (with the apply signature control setting). When editing a form to require signatures with these settings, trained signature controls should automatically appear.
- Fixed an issue where, under specific conditions, some documents would appear expired to the client before the actual expiration date.